Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Manager...

A waiter at a local restaurant was rude to you and your guests.

(The following is actually a true story…)

Dear Manager of Coastal Kitchen,

I am writing today in regards to a problem that I encountered last Friday regarding a situation surrounding the meal and how that particular situation was handled. I have been a long time patron of your restaurant. In fact, in all of my other experiences except for this one, I have truly enjoyed the atmosphere, food and experience that your restaurant offers. So much so, that when my boyfriends parents came into town to visit from Utah we collectively suggested that are party of 10 dine together at your 15th avenue location.

While we truly enjoyed our appetizers, a problem occurred during the time that we finished our appetizers and were waiting on our food. As my boyfriends mother was drinking her water, she noticed something strange towards the bottom of her glass. As she begin to essentially ‘fish it out’, she discovered that it was a large unidentified pill capsule that was resting at the bottom of her beverage she had been consuming for some time. Accordingly, we showed the waitress and instead of bringing the manager to us, she fetched the pill from us to show the manager. Upon her return, she offered no explanation and instead said simply that she saw another table crushing ‘vitamins’ and putting them into pill form. Of which, must have stuck to the bottom of a pitcher and fell into one of the glasses. Mortified, we quickly dismissed the situation. When the bill arrived we were offered no compensation. In fact, the waitress carried on as if the situation never happened.

Looking back on the situation, even immediately after we left we realized how serious the situation was. Understandably so, we were very upset and wished that we had taken more action at the time of the incident. Today, I am taking my initiative to act on something that I find to be very serious as a pill containing any type of unidentified medicine is a very serious matter. My family and myself have now all vowed to never return to the location. However, to possibly remedy the situation we would just simply like an apology.

With this, something so simple – you could restore confidence in us as customers. I attend the local university who services a great deal of customers and would love it if I felt confident in supporting your business to the community once more. Additionally, as my boyfriend and I used to dine their multiple times a month, that is valuable revenue that could possibly be restored in your business.

From here, as stated earlier. I would really appreciate an apology we never received. Again, myself and my boyfriend really love your food and I would love regain confidence in your services once more so we can begin to enjoy the experience of your restaurant that we once loved.

I appreciate your consideration and thank you for your attention.

-Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment