There is nothing more simple, refreshing or comforting than a home cooked meal. Though, I am always one to want to go out and experience different restaurants, sometimes you forget to realize that the best meals are those that are often right in front of you.
Initially, when my boyfriend of two years told me that we would be staying home for Valentines Day, I figured that it was out of his lack of preparation that was now forcing us to stay home. It was the 11th hour, literally the day before Valentines Day when he attempted to call restaurants to try to book a reservation. With irritation, I quickly told him that some people plan activities months in advance, there wasn’t a chance that we would get in anywhere, unless of course we wanted to settle for fast food.
So, we were stuck. As Valentines Day quickly approached, I have to admit that I wasn’t overly overwhelmed by it. However, this has always been the case with me – being that I have never been a true romantic, growing up I would try to avoid any site of someone who may have a crush on me on Valentines Day.
However, once the day finally arrived, I was greeting in the morning by something truly delightful and thoughtful – a bouquet of flowers and enough food to create a feast. A feast it was, the meal took several hours to prepare and the best part was that I literally got an opportunity to sit back and do nothing. I don’t mean to sound lazy or uninterested, but a day of truly getting catered to felt pretty amazing.
I am lucky to be dating not only a good chef, but also a good person. With that, I will never be skeptical of his intentions, but because in the end, they always seem to work out. As for Valentines Day, it is safe to say that I am softening up to that idea as well. Whereas I used to find it to be such a commercialized holiday, it is safe to say that any excuse to do something out of the ordinary is a cause worth celebrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment